The informal organization is not appeared in an organization by the management. It is created based on personal and social relations. In an informal organization, authority and responsibility are centralized by the official positions.
Whereas informal power is not centralized. In attaches to a person in an informal organization, the power is given to a group and the general nature of the informal organization is unofficial. But sometimes formal organization may not work in a specific situation.
That time informal organization takes an important role to manage the situation. It indicates that the interaction of formal and informal organizations can influence the effective management of an organization. A few guidelines for overcoming the barriers are discussed as follows:
1. Accept and understand the informal organization: At first, try to accept and understand the informal organization. An informal organization is a type of organization. But it has more freedom than a formal organization, so, people don’t misuse the advantage of an informal organization.
2. Identify various levels of attitudes and behaviors within them: Identify the various levels of every department of an informal organization. Workers should know all the levels of attitudes and try to behave within them.
3. Consider possible effects on informal systems when taking any kind of action: Taking any kind of actions consider possible effects on informal systems. Because it will help to work in a systematic manner.
4. Make a culture of cultivating mutual interests with informal groups: Try to make a culture within an informal organization. It makes a food environment for working people easily. Give priority to all different cultures people.
Though the term organization always represents the formal organization. There also exist Informal Organizations that have a lot of significance in modern institutional functions.
With informal organizations, the issue of optical design does not hinge upon the role of the organization as an information processor, but upon its ability to create an adequate corporate culture to coordinate agents’ decisions.
Different interests, status, work requirements, unpleasant conditions of work, and preferences of coworkers are often minimized by the existence of informal organizations.
Related content of Informal Organization:
- Nature of Informal Organization
- Advantages of Informal Organization
- Difference between Formal and Informal Organization
- Barriers to Informal Organization
- What is the Meaning of Grapevine?
- Basic Grapevine Pattern of Organization
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Grapevine in an Organization
- Features of Grapevine in an Organization
- What does mean by Rumor in Organizations?
- How to Control Rumor in Organizations?