Conflict may happen at any time for various reason but it may be much harmful when it happen in an organization.Ā So, here we going to described some disadvantages of organizational conflict so that every one can conscious abut this organizational conflict.
Disadvantages of organizational conflict
- Divert time and energy from the main issues: Conflict tends to divert the main issue of the objective of the organization. A struggle between groups of employees shifts the objective form the main focus.
- Delay decisions: Conflict arises in groups because of the scarcity of freedom, position, and resources. People who value independence then to resist the need for interference and, to some extent, conformity within a group. It makes the group delayed during decision making.
- Create deadlocks: The parties begin to focus in on differences of opinion and interests, sharpening perceived conflict, which creates deadlock while making decisions and conflict resolution.
- Derive Unaggressive committee members to the sidelines: During conflict very much active members participate in negotiation, which Drive unaggressive committee members to the sidelines making themselves non participatory members of that group.
- Interfere with listening: The outward display of conflict occurs when the opposing parties plan and follow through with acts to frustrate one another. In this scenario the avoid listening to each other tries to focus on individual problems.
- Obstruct exploration of more alternatives: A conflict proceeds through the stages, resolution becomes more difficult. People become more licked into their positions and more convinced that the conflict must be a win or lose situation. That makes a situation of obstructing exploration or more alternatives.
The other negative effects might be listed as follows in brief:
- Decrease or destroy sensitivity
- Cause members to drop out or resign form committees
- Arouse anger that disrupts a meeting
- Interfere with empathy
- Leave losers resentful
- Incline underdogs to sabotage
- provoke personal abuse
- Caused defensiveness
Related Content of Organization:
- Common Forms of Negotiation
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Organization Development
- Benefits / Merits / Advantages of Organizational Counseling
- Features of Organizational Counseling
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Organizational Mood
- 10 Prime Objectives of Organizational Politics