Management has a great role for the successful participation process. The major liability & responsibility belongs to them.
So they should concern about the following issues:
Role of management for the successful participation process
- Threat less Environment: The environment should be positive and convenient. There should not be any threat on participation. If there is any kind of threat, employees will not be willing to share their ideas.
- Development of communication skills: Communication skill is very important for participation. Both the parities should have this kind of skill. Otherwise they cannot transfer their ideas or messages properly. And misunderstanding can be created.
- Quick implementation of decision: Participation is for better decision. But decision process is delayed for various reasons. To implement the decision management do not take the steps quickly. As a result participants become de-motivated. On the other hand quick implementation of decision encourages participation’s.
- Reward system: Reward system is not commonly practiced for participation. If there is the best solution to a problem when reward system is available for participation.
- Enough time: Participation is not applicable in case of emergency. Many people share their ideas and thoughts, after getting all the alternatives they analyze those.
- Selecting Appropriate participation’s: Success of participation depends on size, knowledge and skills of participants. Those who don’t have enough knowledge and skill about the subject matter of participation should allow as participation.
- Management Support: For effective participation management support is very important. If management do not support, no employees show their attraction to participate. When management allows this, all the employees take part spontaneously.
- Explanation of rejection: Usually monument does not explain the cause of ignoring employee’s opinion. But when management provides a logical reason of their rejection, it indirectly encourages participant. It develops participant’s positive attitude for future participation.
- Related to Interests: Subject of participation should involve the interest of employees. Decisions should be in favor of their interest. Interesting and relevant subject inspire employee to participate.
Related Content of Employee Participation:
- Advantages of Employee Participation
- Conditions of Participation
- Programs and Process of Participation
- Factors Contributing to Participation in Management
- Important Considerations of Participation