To write an apology letter for cancellation of the event is not so easy. You have to make sure that you apologize to the reader for doing so. Explain the reason for canceling or postponed the event. Mention about an alternative agreement that you are trying to make. You could also suggest the reader to make an alternative agreement. You should end the letter expressing gratitude for cancellation. You may include a note about awaiting a postponement. Here on this page, a sample format of an apology letter for cancellation of an event is provided. Hope that it may help you.
Apology letter for cancellation of an event
A cancellation letter is basically a form of communication for any foreseen circumstances have occurred resulting in a decision to cancel an event or a function.
|Date: September 21, 2016
Dear (Receiver’s Name),
I know that many of you brought your friends and family to the occasion and we had to cancel our occasion at the last minute. We had never anticipated that it would rain the whole of the last Monday after having a fine weather of a couple of weeks. It was our fault for not arranging to have temporary shelters erected in the case of rain. Anyhow, we have learned our lesson and we will be more prepared in future.
I regret any inconvenience this may cause you, even though I have tried my best to inform you all as soon as possible. We will plan to have another dinner party on next month with all preparation. Until then I apologize for all inconvenience that you have faced and look forward to seeing you again in next month.
Thank you for understanding the matter. With best regards and lots of love.
More Sample Letter
- All types of apology letter
- All types of letters with sample
- Apology letter for mistake
- Apology letter for lying
- Apology letter for being disrespectful
- Apology letter for hurt feelings
- Apology letter for not attending an event
- Apology letter for being rude
- Apology letter for misconduct
- Apology letter sample to patient
- Apology letter for misunderstanding
- Apology letter sample to landlord
- Apology letter for damaged property
- Apology letter for miscommunication