There are four basic human resource management functions and they are Acquisition, Training and Development, Motivation, and Maintenance. But there are also several important functions of human resource management which are discussed below:
From the below figure we see that four basic functions are performed in every organization. In addition to this many other functions under these four basic function’s and they are described in detail after the image.
Functions of human resource management (HRM)
- Analyze and create new HR policies: The major responsibility of HR manager is plan appropriate human resource policy for his organization and implement it.
- Interview arrangement and perfect employee selection: Procurement and selection of efficient and skills human resources is another important function of human resource management.
- Planning employee Placement: Procured human resources should be given proper guidance and they should be placed at the desired position and place.
- The arrangement of a training program for a new employee: An employee should be trained for the better performance after recruiting and placing. Training will change employees knowledge, a way of working, attitudes toward work and interaction with their co-workers.
- Transfer and Promotion: Through promotion employees get higher salary and status. Through transfer, employees may be placed at the proper position as desired by either the employees or employer. Promotion work like an incentive to employees & this is essential for the organizational improvement.
- Analysis of Job: Analysis of job is one kind of systematic exploration of the activities within a job. It will define the duties, responsibilities, and accountability of a job.
- Ensure working Environment: This is an essential part of human resource management and this is must for every organization. It may bring benefits for the employer like increase of productivity, positive attitude to coworker and organization.
- Employees Protection: Employees should be well protected. Without safety measure, the human resources of the organization will not perform well/properly. This is one of the most important functions of human resource management.
- Remuneration: This is the one of the prime function of human resource management. The human resources should be given provided reasonable remuneration to work properly.
- Employee services: They should be given service packages to work properly. Employee services increase the satisfaction of employees, attract and retain them to the organization for a long time.
- Evaluation of merit and Job: You can’t judge anyone efficiency without job evaluation. So employees job’s should be properly evaluated by placing them at the proper position of the organ gram. Similarly, merit rating is done by selecting the employees for offering benefit packages.
- Labor management relation: To be a successful organization HR should maintain labor management relation. There is a need for good and harmonious organizational goal.
- Ensure Workers Participation: HR should ensure worker participation when they take the decision and formulate rule and regulation and this the best practice in the age of democracy in the organization.
- Agreement with Trade Unions: Now a day’s trade unions is very powerful in industrial context. So, HR authority can’t run the organization properly without satisfying trade unions leaders.
- Leadership and cooperation: An organization needs a proper leader to run properly. And a leader needs co-operation to utilize the resources perfectly.
- Responsible for giving reward and benefits: Human resource department is responsible for giving reward and befits to get the better response from human resource.
- Maintaining discipline: Discipline is essential for and organization to work properly. H.R. managers should take proper disciplinary action indiscriminately when indiscipline arises.
- Career Planning and Development of employee: HR Manager should try to plan for the development of the career of its human resource. Career means the pattern of work-related experiences that span the course of a personal life, Career development looks at the long-term career effectiveness and success of organizational personnel.
- Handling Grievances: This is the responsibility of HR manager to handle all grievances.
- Reviewing employee needs: This can help the employees to realize that management gives them importance.
You May Like Also:
- Definition of human resource management
- Strategic choices of human resource management
- 7 Importance of human resource management
- 9 Models of human resource management
- Responsibilities of a human resource manager in Bangladesh organizations
- Difference between human resource management and personnel management
- Strategic choices of environment for human resource management
- Tips for motivation in human resource management
- Characteristics of HR Manager for Increasing Productivity
- Characteristics of human resource management in Bangladesh organizations