The model that provided the focus was developed by the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD). In it’s study ASTD identified nine most important models of human resource management (HRM) which are discussed below in detail:
Models of human resource management
- Training and Development: Human Resource Management tries trained, and develop its employees considering individual, organization and training institute needs.
- Organization Development: Through organizational development is a systematic process can be under taken and some interventions can be practiced for the development of human resources and organizational activities. That can help proper functioning of the organization.
- Organization/Job Design: Job / Organization is the most important models of human resource management.
- Human Resource Planning: Human resource planning focus arranging the organizations major human resource needs strategies and philosophies.
- Selection and Staffing: After job design or recruitment, most appropriate candidates are chosen from available candidates, is called selection.
- Personnel Research and information system: its focus assuring and personal information base.
- Compensation/Benefits: Compensation refers to all the extrinsic rewards that employee in change for their work.
- Employee Assistance: Its focus assuring providing personal problem solving, counseling to individual employee.
- Union/Labor Relations: Labor relation is the essential part for working environment and industrial peace.
These nine areas have been termed spokes of the wheel in that each area impacts on human resource outputs: quality of work life, productivity, and readiness for change.
You May Like Also:
- Definition of human resource management
- Strategic choices of human resource management
- 20 Functions of Human Resource Management
- 7 Importance of human resource management
- Responsibilities of a human resource manager in Bangladesh organizations
- Difference between human resource management and personnel management
- Strategic choices of environment for human resource management
- Tips for motivation in human resource management
- Characteristics of HR Manager for Increasing Productivity
- Characteristics of human resource management in Bangladesh organizations