For building teams in an organization, many considerations may be there. But we have collected twelve C’s that can help substantially. These twelve Cs for team building are discussed below and shown in the diagram.
Twelve Cs for team building
1. Clear expectations: All team members should have clear expectations. Not only may that management have some sort of expectation from team members.
2. Context: Teams may be built with a clear context. The context is related to objectivity. Teams should not go beyond that context.
3. Commitment: Every team member must have a commitment. With this commitment, they can contribute to the organization. Without commitment, they cannot work sincerely.
4. Competence: Core competence is one of the key factors for the success of any organization. This competence may be born or developed through training.
5. Charter: Every team should work with a broad or specific charter of work. The charter may lead the team to goal.
6. Coordination: Team members should establish coordination among themselves. This coordination is needed to ensure disciplined and uninterrupted performance.
7. Control: Control helps the team to work in conformance with predetermined objectives. Control ensures team member’s activities toward the objectives.
8. Consequences: Team members must be aware of the consequences of toothier performance. To have knowledge. The probable consequences are part of the wisdom of intelligent team leaders.
9. Collaboration: The success of team building depends on the collaboration of all members of teams. Otherwise, team spirit might be hampered.
10. Communication: Effective communication strengthens relations of team members to a great extent. It also helps reduce misunderstanding among management and teams.
11. Creative innovation: Teams can contribute to creative innovation. Innovation is the outcome of creative team members. They create new techniques for building teams more efficiently.
12. Cultural change: Every team member may have own culture. After joining the team’s cultural change may take place. This change may be attributable to successful team building.
If we follow these twelve Cs; an effective team may be constituted and ran with strength and commitment.
Related Content of Team Building:
- What is the Meaning of Group?
- Difference between Team and Group
- Importance of Team for an Organization
- What are the Purposes of Effective Team Building for an Organization?
- Conditions for Successful Teams
- Life Cycle of a Team
- Potential Team Problems that can Hinder Team Building and Running
- How to Build a Team for an Organization?
- Types of Teams in Organizations
- Self Managed Teams Definition
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Self Managed Teams
- Difference between Traditional Structure and Self managed Team Structure
- Gestalt Approach to Team Building
- Application of Gestalt Approach