A few characteristics have been identified for SHRM. These characteristics are multi-dimensional. In the following points characteristics of human resource management are stated:
Characteristics of human resource management
1. HRM recruits: Human resource management (HRM) recruits/hires people to fill up the vacant positions of the organization.
2. Tests and interviews: HRM takes various tests and interviews to select people.
3. Communicate with top management: HRM tries to communicate with top management in helping to formulate strategies to achieve organizational goals.
4. Arranges training: HRM gives or arranges training programs to improve the skills of the employees.
5. Evaluates the performance: HRM evaluates the performance of the employees. On this basis, he gives the promotion.
6. Exit interview: HRM takes exit interviews when an employee quits his job.
7. Collect various suggestions: HRM tries to collect various suggestions from the employees.
8. Helps the organization’s top management to implement various techniques: HRM helps the organizational top management in implementing various techniques to help the organization go ahead.
9. Arrange various workshops: HRM can arrange various workshops to increase the knowledge of the employees.
10. Arranges meetings: HRM arranges various meetings and seminars to discuss the problems that the employees face in the organization.
11. Takes various precautions: HRM takes various precautions to prevent negligent hiring.
12. Gives job specification of employee: HRM gives the job specification of every employee and the requirements that an employee needs to do it.
13. Does job enrichment: HRM does various job enrichment, job rotation, job enlargement, and motivates the employees.
14. Develop the relationship between labor and management: HRM gives support to develop and maintain the cordial relationship it’s between labor and management.
You May Like Also:
- Definition of human resource management
- Strategic choices of human resource management
- 20 Functions of Human Resource Management
- 7 Importance of human resource management
- 9 Models of human resource management
- Responsibilities of a human resource manager in Bangladesh organizations
- Difference between human resource management and personnel management
- Strategic choices of environment for human resource management
- Tips for motivation in human resource management
- Characteristics of HR Manager for Increasing Productivity