There are a lot of characteristics of organization development. These characteristics are from various dimensions of organization development.
These are categorized into then types and discussed in the following points taking form French and Bell’s book Organization Development:
Characteristics of organization development
1. Focus on culture and process: Organization development on culture and process of proper and organization on following suitable and positive culture level and process success organization development program depend.
2. Collaboration: Organization development encourages heartfelt collaboration between managers and employees and members managing culture and processes.
3. The accomplishment of tasks: Various kinds of teams and groups play important roles in the accomplishment of organizational development activities. Thus targets can also be achieved.
4. Human and social sides: Organization development focuses on both human and social sides. By doing so, it intervenes in the technological and structural sides also.
5. Participation: Participation and involvement of managers and players can make the organization development process a success. It helps to exchange views and ideas related to organization development.
6. System change: Organization development focuses on total system change. Because every change is inevitable for the success of any development program.
7. Facilitation: There are three parties to the organization’s development process. They are facilitators, collaborators, and co-learners in the client system. The cooperation of all these parties can help the organization to develop.
8. Overarching goals: An overarching goal of the organization is to make the client system able to solve its problems. It is done by teaching the skills and knowledge of continuous learning through self-analytical methods.
9. Action research model: Organization development activities are undertaken following the conclusions and recommendations of action research members related to the client system.
10. Developmental view: Organization development takes a developmental view of the betterment of both process and organization. Another practice in organization development programs is to create win-win solutions.
The above points mainly characterize the organization’s development. This does not mean that there may not be other characteristics of organization development.
Related Content of Organizational Development:
- What is Organizational Development?
- Nature of Organization Development
- Objectives of Organization Development
- Importance of Organization Development
- Principles of Organization Development
- Role of Management for Organizational Development
- Tips for Organization Development
- Organization Development Process
- Functions of Organization Development
- Components of Organization Development Process
- Difference between Organization Development and Management Development
- Variables in Organizational development Approach
- Assumptions of Organization Development
1 thought on “10 Characteristics of Organization Development”
You have written in a very professional way. really a very useful site for study. Additionally, I have shared your website in my social networks