Organization Development Practitioners should get some tips for successful action planning and implementation of OD programs. Here we provide some effective tips for organization development (OD). If these tips are followed systematically, there is a possibility of success.
Tips for organization development
1. Effective Communication: All organizations should have an ongoing communication strategy that includes but is not limited to:
- Feedback channel whereby staff members can openly provide feedback to Management about strategies.
- Consistent communication of changes to the initiative in a systematic way.
2. Dealing with Change: To help employees through change, management should proceed very carefully.
3. Acknowledges the Impact of the Change: Understanding that change within the organization can equate to fear and loss for an individual is a reality. Ignoring this impact will shut down employees from accepting and engaging in change activities.
4. Listen to Concerns and Fears: Once you have acknowledged the loss and/or impact, allow the individual to communicate concerns and fears openly without reprisal.
5. Communicate: Communicate throughout the change process, be sure to communicate even over-communicative what is happening within the organization.
6. Include: The more you include your team in changes that affect them, the more loyalty of staff will have. Allow them to provide input in the specific areas that affect them and assign them a role in the change.
7. Empower: Then you assign roles to sort individuals you are essentially holding them accountable for those roles and tasks.
8. Reward: Provide frequent rewards for tasks completed. These rewards can range from simply a “thank you” to bonuses, raises, and promotions.
Related Content for Organizational Development:
- What is Organizational Development?
- Nature of Organization Development
- Objectives of Organization Development
- Importance of Organization Development
- Characteristics of Organization Development
- Principles of Organization Development
- Role of Management in Organizational Development
- Organization Development Process
- Functions of Organization Development
- Components of Organization Development Process
- Difference between Organization Development and Management Development
- Variables in Organizational Development Approach
- Assumptions of Organization Development