As there are some good qualities of the counselor, there is also some disqualification of a counselor. These should be avoided. Also, a counselor should be aware of these disqualifications. These disqualifications are discussed below:
Disqualification of a counselor
- Narrow outlook: If a counselor has a narrow requirement for good counselor. And to fail this requirement is his or her disqualification.
- Less informative: Informative is another requirement for good counselor. And to fail this requirement is his or her disqualification.
- Less skilled: Skilled enough is a requirement for good counselor. And it is obviously a disqualification if it turns into negative.
- Lack of confidence: A counselor must have confidence. So he should not be unconfident about anything.
- Inexperienced: Experience is a very big requirement for good counseling. But inexperience is totally a disqualification and it must be avoided.
- Illogical thinking: A good counselor must be logical. But illogical thinking person cannot be a good counselor.
- Not so trained up person: Not so trained up person is another disqualify for the counselor.
- The negative attitude towards the employee: The person who has negative attitude towards the employee cannot be a good counselor. It is also a disqualification.
- Partial: Practicality among the clients or persons is another disqualification for the counselor.
- No problem-solving attitude: The counselor who has not an attitude of solving the problem cannot be a good counselor.
- Inability to take a quick decision: The person who has not the ability to take quick decision cannot be a good counselor. It is also a disqualification.
- Less educated: Less education is another disqualification. It turns many good qualities away also.
- Inactive: A person who is inactive in counseling cannot be a good counselor. It is also a disqualification.
- No power to handle the situation: A disqualified counselor also has the disqualification that is he or she has no power to handle the situation.
- High temper person: The person, who cannot control his temper, cannot be a good counselor. So a counselor must have to control his temper.
- No commitment to the duty: This type of irresponsible people is highly suggested not to counsel by anyone. Because they cannot make up their commitment and it can be hampered to the client.
- Inefficiency: Another disqualification is inefficiency: The person who has not efficiency in counseling, he should not enter to counsel anyone.
- Lack of clarity of thinking: Another disqualification is lack of clarity of thinking. It is also affected to counsel the employee.
- Lack of patience: The person who no patience cannot be a counselor. It is another big disqualification for a counselor.
- Lack of motivation power: Motivation is the main work which a counselor has to apply to the client. If the counselor has not eh power to motivate someone then should not be a counselor.
So these are some disqualifications. An organizational counselor has to aware that he or she should not adopt these disqualifies. Infect, also have to inspire others to not adopting those.
Related Content of Organizational Counseling:
- What is the Definition of Counseling?
- Importance of Organizational Counseling
- Objectives of Organizational Counseling
- Functions of Organizational Counseling
- Benefits / Merits / Advantages of Organizational Counseling
- Guidelines for the Organizational Counseling
- Factors Affecting Organizational Counseling
- Characteristics / Qualities of a Good Counselor
- Different Types of Organizational Counseling
- Features of Organizational Counseling
- Process or Models of Organizational Counseling
- Areas or Scopes of Organizational Counseling
- How to Make Organizational Counseling Effective?
- Organizational Counseling in Bangladesh