Organizational counseling has some features. These features depend on the type of counseling. However, some features of organizational counseling are discussed as follows:
Features of organizational counseling
- Deals with emotional problem: Counseling must be deals with emotional problem. It is solution of mental or heart but not hands.
- Involves discussion: Counseling must be with discussion based. Without discussion it is not possible to counsel someone.
- Proper communication: Proper communication is also a big feature of counseling.
- Oral communication: Oral communication is necessary because without this a person cannot express his works properly.
- Good communication skill: Good communication skill is a feature, because without communication skill counsel program cannot be successful.
- Try to end or decrease frustration: Counsel Program must be that type that person who is consoled can free his frustration.
- Understanding employee emotional disorder: A counselor should understand the emotional disorder of employees.
- Excluding job inconvenience: Frustration start in an organization when there is job dissatisfaction. So primary duty of counseling is to reduce inconvenience of job.
- Removing conflict: Counseling should remove conflict. If it cannot remove conflict then it is not possible to tell that a good counseling.
- Changing the organization: If necessary for the betterment of employee job environment has to be changed.
- Giving Advice: Counseling must be advice based. It should be advising the client what should do or not do.
- Clarifying thinking: Counsel must be clarifying the thinking of employee. It should be like as the employee can understand his or her frustration & also get way to remove from that.
- Increasing decision making ability: Counseling must increase the decision making ability of the client. It must be understandable by client & take him that mental situation where he can take a good decision.
- Realize of emotional tension: A counselor must understand the mental situation of client. He should also realize the mental condition of his client. The he or she can treat like this.
- Analysis of strengths and weaknesses: Counselor must know the client well. He should also know that what the client’s strong points and weak points. Then he can counsel the client in a very will manner.
So these are some features that are as usual we expect in organizational counseling program. Without these features a consoling program cannot achieve its goal.
Related Content of Organizational Counseling:
- What is the Definition of Counseling?
- Importance of Organizational Counseling
- Objectives of Organizational Counseling
- Functions of Organizational Counseling
- Benefits / Merits / Advantages of Organizational Counseling
- Guidelines of the Organizational Counseling
- Factors Affecting Organizational Counseling
- Characteristics / Qualities of a Good Counselor
- Disqualification of a Counselor
- Different Types of Organizational Counseling
- Process or Models of Organizational Counseling
- Areas or Scopes of Organizational Counseling
- How to Make Organizational Counseling Effective?
- Organizational Counseling in Bangladesh