There are the following persons responsible for the shortage of good leadership. These are pointed out below:
Persons responsible for the shortage of good leadership
1. Government: Government is responsible for the shortage of good leadership. After liberation, corruption is practiced by all the government. Corruption discourages good leadership.
2. Institution: Our country’s institutional structure support leadership. But for practicing corruption in the institution, the leader becomes dishonest. That is why we do not get good leaders.
3. Board of directors: Board of directors does not like leaders in their organization. They think leaders hamper organizational culture. So, we face a shortage of good leaders in our organization.
4. Family-centered leader: After 1950 we got a few good leaders. Because we could not avoid family-centered leadership.
5. Leaders themselves: Persons who are in the leading position in society. They do not want good leaders to come out of their next generation. The political leaders just use students or other people for their own benefit. But they do not help or encourage them to be a good leader.
6. Corruption: Dishonest man cannot be a good leader. In Bangladesh, there are many scopes to practice corruption. So, leaders become involved in corrupt practice and that’s why we didn’t get any leader like Malaysia.
7. Family background: Children learn from their father and mother. From the very beginning of their childhood, guardians discourage political involvement. As family discourages leadership, so we don’t get a good leader in the future.
8. Military rule: After liberation, we faced military rule several times Autocracy was practiced at that time. In that period leader’s movement and activates were under strict control. Therefore a leader could not practice their leadership in this period.
9. Historical background: our people don’t want to be leaders, they want to be followers. From our historical background, we find that our people like to be followers rather than leaders. So, we face a shortage of leadership.
Related Content of Leadership:
- Characteristics of Effective Leadership
- Some Essential Leadership Skills to be a Good Leader
- 9 Most Important Functions of Leadership
- Styles of a Leader
- Circumstances Which Make a Leader Ineffective?
- Two Most Important Keys to Effective Leadership
- Contribution of Management in Developing Leadership
- What Circumstances Situation Can Make a Person Leader?
- Nature and Characteristics of a Good Leader
- Role of Government to Leadership Development
- Roles of Management for Leadership Development
- Roles of Parents in Leadership Development
- Roles of Trade Unions in Leadership Development
- Role of Social Elites in Leadership Development
- Prospects of Leadership
- How Can We Create Good Leaders in Organizations?