For an effective strategic human resource management it should follow some guidelines. These guidelines can help management establish and maintain a successful SHRM.
However these management guidelines for strategic human resource management are discussed below:
Management Guidelines for strategic human resource management
- Determine Corporate Strategy: Corporate strategy should he determined first and then human resource strategy should be developed. The human resource – that is strategy developed should be consistent with the corporate strategy.
- Integrate with Other Strategy: Human resource strategy should be consistent with other functional strategies such as finance, marketing, engineering.
- Flexible and Ready: It is necessary that strategy formulation should ready and flexible.
- Involve with strategy Formulation: Human resource managers, particularly those at the top of the organization, should be involved in the strategy formulation process.
- Consider AH Employees: Human resource strategy should consider all human resources in organization not just hourly or operative employees.
- Consider outside Environment: The outside environment and competition should be explicitly considered in formulating both overall organization and human resource strategies.
- Sense about Environment: The better and more accurately that manager make sense of the organizations internal and external environment, for better decision.
- Project Consequences: Human resource should project both intended an unintended consequences of decisions as they might affect human resources.
- Match with Strategy and Labor Market: Competition and labor market dynamics have an impact of the success of strategic human resource decisions: Human resource managers should develop a realistic match between corporate strategies and economies of the labor market.
You May Like Also:
- Causes of inefficiency of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh organizations
- Need for High Level Values of SHRM in Bangladesh Organizations
- Importance of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh organizations
- Objectives of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh
- Proposed model for strategic human resource management in Bangladesh
- Advantages of success of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh
- Problems of strategic human resource management in Bangladesh
- Factors Determining the Efficiency of SHRM in Bangladesh
- Nature of Strategic Human Resource Management Practices in Bangladesh
- Principal Task of Strategic Human Resources Management
- Importance of environment for strategic human resource management
- 5 Ps of Strategic Human Resource Management
- Process of Strategic Human Resource Management
- 13 Models of Strategic Human Resource Management
- 7 Barriers to Strategic Human Resource Management
- 6 Characteristics of Strategic Human Resource Management
- Job analysis strategic choices for human resource management