There are some roles of management for leadership development which may be discussed in the following points:
Roles of management for leadership development
- Arrange training program: Training is one of the most important factors for leadership development. So management should arrange.
- Participation in decision making: If employees are informed about conditions affecting their jobs and encouraged to express their ideas make subsections and take action then it will help to develop leader in the organization.
- Flexible work environment: Management can provide flexible environment for the employees than the employees are working effectively and efficiently.
- Reward system: Management should develop reward system for better performance. If will help to encourage employees to be an effective leader.
- Feedback: Management should develop the culture of giving and taking feedback from subordinates. This will help leadership development.
- Develop interpersonal relation: Management should focus on interpersonal relationship among employees. If a good interpersonal relationship can improve the leadership development.
- Task structure: Management should develop one specific way to do the job. It will help leadership development in the organization.
- Specify goals of the organization: Management must set goals for the organization to achieve and deciding the proper path to achieve goal. This will help leaders to influence other for achieving goals.
- Freedom: Freedom in decision making helps a leader to successfully do the job by influencing or supporting other. So management should give freedom to the leaders in decision making.
- Empowerment: Management must empower leader for effective leadership development. Without empowerment one cannot influence or support other works for achieving objective.
Related Content of Leadership:
- Characteristics of Effective Leadership
- Some Essential Leadership Skills to be a Good Leader
- 9 Most Important Functions of Leadership
- Styles of a Leader
- Circumstances Which Make a Leader Ineffective?
- Two Most Important Keys to Effective Leadership
- Contribution of Management in Developing Leadership
- What Circumstances Situation Can Make a Person Leader?
- Nature and Characteristics of a Good Leader
- Role of Government to Leadership Development
- Roles of Parents in Leadership Development
- Roles of Trade Unions in Leadership Development
- Role of Social Elites in Leadership Development
- Persons Responsible for Shortage of Good Leadership
- Prospects of Leadership
- How Can we Create a Good Leaders in Organizations?